10 POINT PLAN TO IMPROVE FORKLIFT & PEDESTRIAN SAFETY IN YOUR WORKPLACE!
It is alarming that forklifts cause more workplace deaths and injuries than any other piece of equipment?
Furthermore, more than half the people killed in workplace forklift related incidents are pedestrians.
Many of these accidents could have been avoided with the development and implementation of a proper workplace traffic management plan.
Developing a workplace traffic management plan ensures that pedestrians and vehicles are physically separated, minimising the risk of incidents.
This can be done by focusing on ten key areas:
- Clear and easy vehicle access to premises and work sites
- Segregation of commercial and commuter vehicles
- Managed behaviour of vehicles on site
- Safe crossings for all pedestrians
- Eye contact between pedestrians and drivers
- Exclusion zones dedicated to loading and unloading
- Separation of pedestrians and forklifts
- Forklift safety when loading and unloading
- Provide Driver Safety Zones these are available in kit form for fast delivery Australia wide
- By identifying, assessing and executing a traffic management plan
If you require assistance with developing your traffic management plan, please contact Industroquip now for an obligation free assessment.